Nearly all Americans complain of back pain at least once in their lives. Aside from being one of the common reasons people consult a doctor, it is also one of the leading reason for disability all over the world. Usually caused by many factors, the ache and pain from your back can bring you discomfort and prevent you from working. Thanks to the discovery of CBD oil, you now have a potent remedy for different kinds of pain, including the one at your back.
The pain at your back — whether on the upper, middle or lower section — can be a sign of various diseases. It can also sign that you’re abusing your body. Whatever the reason, you should address this health issue quickly addressed before it worsens to the point that it needs surgery or other significant medical treatment.
Common Causes of Severe or Chronic Back Pain
The discomfort emanating from your back usually comes from many factors. Here are the common causes of back pain, including:
- Poor posture – Deconditioned muscles because of poor posture over time can result in pain. Even sitting at your workstation with an awkward pose and habitual slouching while walking can lead to overexertions in your muscles and ligaments. While it can be tolerable at first, the misuse of your muscles can cause strains where the pain emanates.
- Muscle abuse – Your body can only lift a certain weight. Beyond that, your muscles, bones and even the spinal cord starts to feel the pressure. Carrying heavy loads like backpacks and improper lifting of objects can be at risk of injury or pain on the upper or lower back. Exerting too much on exercise especially if you’re strengthening your back muscles can also cause.
- Injury or trauma – Accidents, fall or other traumatic events can lead to sprained or torn back muscles or a spinal bone fracture. There are instances when it takes some time before you feel the pain from an injury.
- Physical deformities in your muscles and bones – Certain health issues like a pinched nerve from a herniated disc, scoliosis or other deformities since birth cause severe pain at the rear parts of your body.
- Infections and diseases – Back pain is one of the symptoms of certain conditions such as spinal infection, lung cancer, and osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, kidney infections, and kidney stones.
While many incidents of back pain can last for a few days, others like deformities and diseases can gradually worsen and can restrict your movement and everyday activities.
While there are many pain relievers that you can buy at pharmacies, only a few of them can provide holistic relief for back pain. While CBD oil is just new to the medical community, it is now getting lots of media attention because of its multiple therapeutic benefits, primarily as helping alleviate chronic pain.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound extracted from cannabis, a plant genus that includes marijuana or hemp. Because of tons of scientific studies proving its potency as a medicine, it is now fast becoming a favorite aid for tons of diseases because of its unique quality.
For the highest Quality CBD Products for Back Pain, visit kushly.com
Recently, scientists have discovered that humans have an endocannabinoid system (ECS). This body system is responsible for regulating our bodily functions, including pain management. Cannabis oil can directly communicate with the ECS. When absorbed in the body CBD interacts with cannabinoid receptors spread throughout different parts of the body to correct the release of hormones and neurotransmitters. Consuming CBD oil for back pain can help your body fight the symptoms that cause pain such as inflammation with more efficiency.
Aside from relieving the pain, cannabidiol can also help the conditions that cause discomfort such as inflammation of the muscles.
Methods of Ingesting Cannabidiol
There are many methods to use CBD for treating back pain. It all depends on your personal choice and what works for you. You can take it by dropping CBD oil under your tongue. While this approach gives the most potent effect since the body absorbs the substance better, many do not want the taste of cannabis.
You can also consume CBD capsules and cannabis-infused edibles like gummies or beverages, but the digestion process can delay the effects of the compound. Another is a great way to ingest this compound is by inhaling CBD vape oil, especially if lung problems cause the pain. While this method works best for vape enthusiasts, many people do not like the smell of the cannabinoid.
Perhaps the best way to ingest the compound is by applying CBD oil or topicals to the skin. This way, you don’t need to taste or smell the substance. All you need is to rub it on your back to soothe your aching muscles.
CBD Topicals or CBD Oil
If you choose to apply the compound directly on the part of your body where you feel the pain, you may need to select either CBD oil or topicals.
CBD topicals are composed of cannabis-infused ointment, balm, cream, or lotion that you can apply on the skin for pain relief on certain parts of your body. Aside from being a useful painkiller, you can also use topicals for other uses:
- Treating skin diseases – CBD is also a potent compound to help clear skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. It can even help treat acne, blackheads, clogged pores, rashes, and flaky skin.
- Gives your skin a youthful glow – Aside from relieving pain and treating skin diseases, cannabidiol products — mainly CBD hemp oil — is also useful in regulating cell growth, reducing inflammation, and stimulating essential fats in the skin. Hence, applying this compound on your skin can help skin rejuvenation. No wonder some Hollywood celebrities like Melissa McCarthy, Jennifer Aniston, and Mandy Moore endorse CBD not only for stress and pain relief but also for their skin care regimen. Whoopi Goldberg even has her line of cannabis products.
Whether you use topicals or oil, CBD provides you a big relief from back pain. Aside from soothing your tired and tensed muscles, the compound can also provide treatment to the sources of the problem because of its wide range of therapeutic powers.